The Syracuse Orange football team improved to 5-0 for the first time since 1987 with a 59-0 victory over the Wagner Seahawks on Saturday night at JMA Wireless Dome.
The game was so out of control that the third and fourth quarters were reduced from 15 minutes to 10. Syracuse’s offense moved the ball with ease, the defense allowed only 50 yards and everything went as planned.
Quarterback Garrett Shrader finished the game with a 100% completion rating. He threw for 238 yards and two touchdowns on 17 passes. The quarterback also picked up a touchdown with his feet on SU’s opening drive.
In the first half, running back Sean Tucker rushed for a career-high 227 yards and three touchdowns on 22 carries. He left the game at the start of the third quarter with an injury.
GAME RECAP LINKS:
- Final Score: Syracuse 59, Wagner 0 (NunesMagician.com)
- Syracuse improves to 5-0 with 59-0 win over Wagner (DailyOrange.com)
- Three takeaways from Syracuse’s 59-0 win over Wagner (NunesMagician.com)
- Syracuse cruises to 5-0, but it may have come with a cost after Sean Tucker leaves the lopsided win (Syracuse.com)
- No. 25 Syracuse Rushes to 5-0 (Cuse.com)
DINO BABERS POSTGAME PRESS CONFERENCE: