HENRIETTA, N.Y.—The Hobart College soccer team was defeated by Rochester Institute of Technology 2-0 in a Liberty League contest at Tiger Stadium this evening. It was the conference opener for both teams.
The Statesmen are now 3-2-1 on the season with a 0-1-0 mark in conference play. The Tigers improve to 2-1-3 on the year and are 1-0-0 in Liberty League play.
- RIT struck quickly taking a 1-0 lead 65 seconds into the game. Jonathan Cohen took advantage of a Hobart mistake and buried a shot in the back of the net. It was his second goal of the season.
- The Tigers had a chance to double their lead two minutes later, but Daniel Gebura’s shot hit the right goalpost.
- Frederick Madsen had a chance to tie the game but his shot from inside the 18-yard box missed the right goalpost.
- In the 40th minute, Robbie Caron’s attempt from close range trickled past the left pipe.
- Amad Miller had Hobart’s best chance of the game in the 46th minute. His chip shot from the top of the 18-yard box went over the crossbar.
- RIT took a 2-0 lead in the 58th minute. After two passes, Jaden Longdon slipped a shot into the lower right corner of the cage. Joshua Price and Randy Dickersbach were credited with assists on the goal.
- RIT finished the game with a 10-3 advantage in shots and a 9-2 edge in corner kicks.
Hobart will be back in action on Saturday, Sept. 24, when it welcomes Skidmore to Cozzens Field. The match is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. Saturday’s game will coincide with Hobart Soccer’s Alumni Weekend.
Ted is a longtime staple of the Finger Lakes media scene. He serves as lead anchor and broadcaster, hosting FingerLakes1.com’s flagship daily live program Finger Lakes Today. He also hosts Inside the FLX, a recurring podcast featuring newsmakers from around the Finger Lakes. Have a question or lead? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.