Comedian Ginger Billy and rock band Three Dog Night have been added to del Lago Resort & Casino’s fall lineup and will take the stage at the Vine Showroom in October: Ginger Billy will perform Thurs., Oct. 13, and Three Dog Night will perform Sat., Oct. 15. Both shows will take place at 8:00 p.m. Tickets go on sale Fri., Aug. 12. More information can be found online.
Shirtless and tattooed, Ginger Billy gives viewers a humorous look into life in rural Upstate South Carolina – and he’s doing it all on his own. He lives between Union and Lockhart, South Carolina, with his wife and family. For years, he says, he was a respiratory therapist. But one day, after the retirement of Dale Earnhardt, Jr., his interest in making entertaining videos was sparked. He would go on to create a viral video about men’s rompers that would amass nearly 840,000 views on YouTube alone. He estimates it got between 40 and 50 million views across all social media channels.
From there things just took off, and the next thing he knew he was doing stand-up. A manager signed him on and got him a gig at a casino. After that, he started touring with Catfish Cooley and others. It was a whole new world, he said. And the funny ideas keep coming.
Created in 1968 by Danny Hutton, Three Dog Night recorded the music of the best (and mostly undiscovered) new songwriters of their time including Harry Nilsson, Randy Newman and Elton John, among many others. The group’s eclectic taste, combined with their ability to recognize and record hits in a unique, distinctive and appealing style, resulted in Three Dog Night dominating the charts for years: Three Dog Night had 21 consecutive Top 40 hits, including three #1 singles, 11 Top 10’s, 18 straight Top 20’s, seven million-selling singles and 12 straight RIAA Certified Gold LPs.
The hits appeared on best-selling charts in all genres (pop, rock and country). Its records continue to sell around the world, reaching beyond the borders of the U.S. into Japan, Canada, Holland, England, Germany, Spain and elsewhere. Tens of millions of Three Dog Night records have been sold through the years. Three Dog Night hits weave through the fabric of pop culture today, whether on the radio where they are heard day in and day out, in TV commercials or in major motion pictures – songs like “Mama Told Me (Not To Come)”, “Joy to the World”, “Black and White”, “Shambala” and “One” serve to heighten emotions and crystallize Three Dog Night’s continuing popularity.
Guests must be 21 to attend all shows at The Vine. Tickets are also on sale for upcoming performances and rescheduled shows, already announced at The Vine, including:
- Martina McBride – Aug. 12, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Ronny Chieng: The Hope You Get Rich Tour – Sept. 10, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Clint Black – Sept. 16, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Dirty Honey – Sept. 17, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- HUNKS – Sept. 22, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Frank Caliendo – Sept. 23, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Rick Springfield – Sept. 29, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Masters of Illusion – Sept. 30, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- PettyFest IX – Oct. 7, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- #IMOMSOHARD – Oct. 8, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Ginger Billy – Oct. 13, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Great White and Slaughter – Oct. 14, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Three Dog Night – Oct. 15, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Cypress Hill – Oct. 21, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- 3 Doors Down – Oct. 29, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
- Ron White – Nov. 11, 2022, 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- One Night with Nikki Glaser – Dec. 8, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
Additional information about The Vine Showroom and entertainment at del Lago is available online.