Skip to content
Home » News » Deputies: Fayette structure fire caused by AC unit plugged into extension cord

Deputies: Fayette structure fire caused by AC unit plugged into extension cord

The Seneca County Sheriff’s Office provided an update on a structure fire that happened Monday morning around 4:43 a.m.

Deputies responded with firefighters to 3863 State Route 96 in Fayette for a structure fire.


Upon arrival, Deputies found James D. Andrews and Nikolas J. Andrews stranding outside in the yard and both are renters of the above residence. It was made known to deputies that all occupants were out of the house and safe.

The fire was located and extinguished by firefighters from Fayette.

An air conditioning unit was plugged into an extension cord, which caused an electrical overload and fire.

No injuries were reported. The damage caused by the fire was estimated at $1,500.



Top