Skip to content
Home » News » Varick house fire caused by air fryer, deputies say

Varick house fire caused by air fryer, deputies say

  • / Updated:
  • Josh Durso 

Deputies say an air fryer was to blame for a house fire in the town of Varick on Tuesday.

First responders were called to the scene on State Route 96A during the late-evening hours to find smoke and visible fire.

DiSanto Propane (Billboard)

The Varick Fire Department was assisted by Romulus, Fayette, Ovid, Waterloo, and Seneca Falls fire departments.

North and South Seneca ambulance companies were called to the scene as well.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an air fryer.

The Red Cross assisted the family. However, the extent or cost of the damage was not clear as of Wednesday afternoon.