Editor’s Note: Safety Moment is a monthly feature by Seneca Meadows District Manager Kyle Black.
Right now there are flu viruses circulating. At Seneca Meadows going above and beyond to keep our team safe from physical hazards and incidents doesn’t start and stop with heavy equipment. It also includes keeping our team safe from illness and ailments, and the basic ways to stop germs and help keep our team healthy from the flu and other viruses are tried and true.
Flu prevention behaviors:
– Wash hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds, and after sneezing, coughing, using tissues and using the bathroom.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
– Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as mobile handsets, door knobs and handles.
– Always cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
– Always dispose of used tissues immediately after use.
– Stay home when you are ill.
Kyle Black is the District Manager at Seneca Meadows Landfill located in Seneca Falls, New York.