Skip to content
Home » Valentine's Day » Sheriff: Structure fire in Fayette caused by space heater

Sheriff: Structure fire in Fayette caused by space heater

The Seneca County Sheriff’s Office provided an update on a structure fire in the town of Fayette on January 16.

According to a news release, Albert and Vivian Rescorl were able to call 911 and safely exit the home to await emergency responders.

Canoga and Fayette fire responded and were able to extinguish the blaze. The under side of the residence sustained damage but the fire did not enter the home.


The fire appears to be the result of a running space heater under the residence that scorched the beams and insulation. Mr. Rescorl sustained a minor injury to his had in the incident.

He was treated by North Seneca Ambulance and released. The sheriff’s office was assisted on scene by Seneca County Codes.



Top