Governor Kathy Hochul said it was good news, as New York State appeared to be turning the corner of the latest COVID-19 surge fueled by the Omicron variant.
“We are appearing to turn the corner on the winter surge,” Governor Hochul said during her press conference on Friday. “This is no time to spike the football, we still need to remain vigilant. So let’s continue to use the tools we know will help stop the spread and keep ourselves safe: get the vaccine, get the booster, wear a mask, and stay home if you’re feeling sick. Let’s continue to do the right thing and we will get through this together.”
Here’s a look at the state’s daily data:
- Test Results Reported – 300,868
- Total Positive – 49,027
- Percent Positive – 16.30%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 18.65%
- Patient Hospitalization – 12,207 (-245)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 1,737
- Patients in ICU – 1619 (+4)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 864 (+19)
- Total Discharges – 251,126 (+1,878)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 177
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 50,334
Here’s how hospitalization data plays out across the Finger Lakes and Central New York:
– In Central New York, 70% of the 308 patients hospitalized are due to COVID or complications of COVID.
– In the Finger Lakes 58% of the 726 patients hospitalized are due to COVID or complications of COVID.
– In the Southern Tier 61% of the 213 patients hospitalized are due to COVID or complications of COVID.
Get the latest headlines delivered to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our Morning Edition to start your day. FL1 on the Go! Download the free FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad).