Schuyler County has received a shipment of at-home COVID-19 test kits and will begin distributing them this week.
According to County Administrator Fonda Chronis, “The state has sent COVID test kits to all counties so that we can get them out to residents. Schuyler’s Office of Emergency Management has coordinated with community stakeholders to distribute these tests as widely as possible. They’ve worked hard to make sure these tests are conveniently available to as many of our residents as possible. I only wish we had more to give out.”
Tests are free to the public and will be distributed at the below locations/dates/times listed. Distribution is subject to test kit availability as supplies are limited.
- Mon 1/10, Mecklenburg Fire Department, 7-8PM
- Tue 1/11, Monterey Fire Department, 11-1
- Tue 1/11, Mecklenburg Fire Department, 7-8PM
- Wed 1/12, Tyrone Methodist Church, 11-1
- Thu 1/13, Hector Presbyterian Church, 11-1
- Fri 1/14, Human Services Complex, Room 120, 11-1
Additional points of distribution include:
• Local libraries (Hector, Watkins Glen, Odessa, Montour Falls) – limited number of tests available
starting Monday, January 10th
• Test kits will be available at county–sponsored vaccination clinics that take place every Friday from 9am
to Noon at the Community Center in Watkins Glen
• Test kits will be distributed to various Office for the Aging clients at services touchpoints
• Test kits available on county transit system buses starting Monday, January 10th
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].