Cabin at Hammondsport/Bath KOA Resort suffers damage after fire

A cabin was severely damaged after an early-morning fire on Wednesday at the Hammondsport/Bath KOA Resort.

First responders were called to the site along County Route 13- where flames were covering the front of the cabin and entire deck.




The fire was brought under control and stopped it from seriously damaging the inside of the cabin.

However, damage was done to the outside of the structure. A family of four escaped without serious injuries. However, one person was treated at the scene for minor injuries.

Fire officials determined the fire was started by a fire pit that was surrounded by the cabin’s deck.


Want the latest headlines in your inbox each morning? Click here to sign up for our Morning Edition newsletter to get caught up in 60 seconds. You can also download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad)