Skip to content
Home » Brian Tomkins » Lack of working smoke detector could have had deadly outcome in Auburn fire

Lack of working smoke detector could have had deadly outcome in Auburn fire

Fire officials in the city of Auburn are rallying around the need for smoke detectors in all homes.

A semiconscious woman was rescued from a smoke-filled apartment on Logan St. on Monday after a fire broke out there.

Assistant Chief Ed Sherman tells Finger Lakes News Radio that there were no working smoke detectors in the unit where the victim was found.

DiSanto Propane (Billboard)

“You always want to have working smoke detectors in every room on every floor,” he explained. Sherman added that having CO detectors is also a good idea.

The victim was treated at Auburn Community Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

Sherman says an alert neighbor smelled smoke and called 911.