Italy home damaged after fire starts near wood stove

Firefighters say they were called to a home on State Rt. 245 after a fire started in the chimney pipe of a wood stove.

The damage was contained to the immediate area around the wood stove. However, the fire spread to the roof area, as well.

The Red Cross was contacted to help the homeowners. There were a total of five residents at the house.

Firefighters from Middlesex, Rushville, and Potter responded to the residence.

No injuries were reported.


Get the latest headlines delivered to your inbox each morning. Sign up for our Morning Edition to start your day. FL1 on the Go! Download the free FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad).