Skip to content
DiSanto Propane (Banner)
Home » Valentine's Day » Firefighters battle small blaze at Canandaigua senior living center

Firefighters battle small blaze at Canandaigua senior living center

Firefighters responded to a senior assisted living facility for a fire in Canandaigua Monday night.

Around 7:52 p.m. the Cheshire Fire Departments was dispatched to an automatic fire alarm at 5102 Parrish Street Extension in the town of Canandaigua.

Initial arriving firefighters to Quail Summit reported a fire in the Kitchen on the first floor. The Cheshire Fire Department was assisted on-scene by the Canandaigua and Veteran Affairs (V.A.) Fire Departments and Canandaigua Ambulance.

No injuries to firefighters or residents were reported, according to officials.


The fire was placed Under Control at 8:28 p.m., and was contained to a first floor kitchenette area. The building sprinkler system activated and contained the fire to the Kitchen area until firefighters arrived and extinguished the remaining portion of fire.

Firefighters also assisted in removing water from the activated sprinkler system.

The two-story Assisted Living Facility was occupied by residents and staff at the time of the fire. The residents of the affected wing of the building were relocated to other spaces within the facility following existing facility evacuation plans.

The fire remains under investigation by the Ontario County Fire Coordinator and Ontario County Sheriff’s Department.

Preliminary results of the Origin & Cause Fire Investigation indicate the fire originated in the area of a stove within the Kitchenette, officials said. The investigation is ongoing.



Top