The Ontario County Board of Elections is following-up on changes issued by Governor Andrew Cuomo after a number of questions were elevated to their office by voters.
Outlined below are the changes, which were forwarded to FingerLakes1.com by Commissioner Charles Evangelista:
– The Democratic Presidential Primary and Special Election for 27th Congressional District scheduled for April 28th has been moved to June 23rd.
– The mail check card that voters received last week contains valuable voting information including party affiliation, Election District, polling place and check-in bar code. The card was mailed out before the Governor’s Executive order to postpone the April elections until June 23, 2020. Keep the card.
– Pursuant to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order, voters wishing to vote by absentee ballot because of COVID 19 concerns may select “TEMPORARY ILLNESS” on the absentee ballot application. Ballots will then be mailed during the first week of May, 2020.
– Early Voting dates for the June 23 Primaries : June 13 – June 21, one location, Ontario County BOE, 2930 County Road 48, Canandaigua, NY 14424.
– Deadline for Voter Registration for primaries is May 29 in person or postmarked by mail. Application deadlines for Absentee Ballot for primaries are: June 16 postmarked or June 22 in person at the Board of Elections.
– Absentee ballot applications are available at:
Or Voters may call the Ontario County BOE at 585.396.4005.