Skip to content

Congressman Reed reminds residents that form could be necessary to receive $1,200 relief

While officials outlined the way at which residents would get a check for $1,200 or $2,400 over the next several weeks – Congressman Tom Reed (R-23) reminded residents that it will require a little extra paperwork for some.

Those who have not filed a tax return yet this year will have to fill out a form, which will be made available on the IRS website.

That form will get the specifics – like marital status, number of dependents, etc. That way the check can be issued for the appropriate amount.

Individuals making upwards of $75,000 will receive the $1,200 check. Meanwhile, those married who make less than $150,000 will receive a check for $2,400. Each dependent child, who is still a minor, will create a $500 addition for parents.

Congressman Reed says that hopefully within a week or two the checks will go out, but if they don’t – a better idea about when the checks will go out should be had.