Syracuse faces a tough test when it opens the 2019-20 campaign on Wednesday, Nov. 6. The Orange welcome defending national champion and ACC foe Virginia to the Carrier Dome for a 9 p.m. tip off.
The game will be televised on the ACC Network. The match will also be streamed on ACC Network Extra, but fans can only watch the stream if their cable provider carries the ACC Network. Fans unsure if their provider carries ACCN are strongly encouraged to visit GetACCN.com.
– This will be Jim Boeheim‘s 44th season as head coach for the Orange. In that time, Syracuse is 39-4 in home openers.
– The ‘Cuse won both of its exhibition games. Syracuse defeated Daemen, 90-71, and Carleton, 77-58.
HUGHES SHINES IN EXHIBITIONS
– Redshirt junior Elijah Hughes led the Orange in their two exhibition games.
– He was 8-for-11 from the field, including 5-for-7 from 3-point range, on his way to 24 points against Daemen.
– Hughes followed that performance with a double-double in Syracuse’s win against Carleton. He scored 15 points and pulled down 10 rebounds, both of which were team highs.
– He is the Orange’s leading returning scorer. Hughes averaged 13.7 points per game and connected on a team-high 87 3-point attempts a year ago.
WANT TO GO TO THE DOME?
– Tickets can be purchased on Cuse.com, by calling 1-888-DOMETIX or at Gate B of the Carrier Dome.