The Syracuse Orange football team beat the Holy Cross Crusaders, 41-3 on Saturday. It was a weird one at times, but the result was never in doubt as Syracuse started hot, cooled considerably and then closed things out with a couple more scores for good measure.
Tommy DeVito had his second straight quality stat line, going 19-of-31 for 269 yards and four touchdowns and an interception, though he was under fire for much of the contest and also made some questionable decisions. Some of those were potentially influenced by the pressure, as SU’s offensive line looked far worse than what we saw vs. WMU last week. DeVito also went to the locker room early, which is something to keep an eye on…
GAME RECAPS AND ANALYSIS:
- Final score: Syracuse 41, Holy Cross 3 (TNIAAM)
- Syracuse football box score vs. Holy Cross (Syracuse.com)
- 3 takeaways from Syracuse’s 41-3 handling of Holy Cross (Daily Orange)
- Syracuse football beats the holy hell out of the Crusaders in Week 5 (Inside The Loud House)
- DEVITO’S FOUR TD PASSES PACES ORANGE IN 41-3 WIN (Cuse.com)
.@Captainmoe21_ is over 2,000 career yards!!
He’s the 23rd player to accomplish the feat in Syracuse’s long history of success on the ground. pic.twitter.com/pUEXSEocnc
— Syracuse Football (@CuseFootball) September 28, 2019
Syracuse defeats Holy Cross 41-3 (sorry if you had Cuse -38.5. You lost by a half-point!). Speculation about Tommy DeVito could dominate conversation about this team over the next two weeks if no clarification in press conference. Orange definitely have work to do in bye week. pic.twitter.com/aqp2psPDDJ
— Brent Axe (@BrentAxeMedia) September 28, 2019
Syracuse (2-2) concludes its three-week stretch of home games on Saturday with a noon tilt against FCS opponent Holy Cross (1-2) at the Dome. Once a frequent opponent, the Crusaders have not played the Orange since 1973 and will be making their visit to the Loud House.
The Orange stopped their modest two-game losing streak on Saturday with a 52-33 win against Western Michigan. Redshirt sophomore quarterback Tommy DeVito played the best game of his young career, accounting for five touchdowns, including four TD passes.
GAME WEEK LINKS:
- ORANGE NOT LOOKING PAST HOLY CROSS (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse releases week 5 depth chart ahead of Holy Cross (TNIAAM)
- Syracuse football injury report: Babers hopeful DT returns when ACC play resumes (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse vs. Holy Cross: TV/streaming, time, odds, history & more (TNIAAM)
- Syracuse Football: Top 3 keys to victory vs Holy Cross Crusaders (Inside The Loud House)
- 10 Syracuse football players we’re eager to watch vs. Holy Cross (podcast) (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse wearing orange helmets, blue jerseys and pants vs. Holy Cross (TNIAAM)
- Syracuse Football: Best Bets vs Holy Cross and Week 5 Bets (Inside The Loud House)
- GAMEDAY TIMELINE: SYRACUSE VS. HOLY CROSS (Cuse.com)