First responders say an electrical fire resulted in a number of people being displaced in the city of Geneva over the weekend.
Firefighters were called to 110 Pulteney Street around 3:20 p.m.
There were 12 apartments in the building, which were occupied by mostly people who did not speak fluent English.
Everyone inside was able to escape and the cause of the fire was determined to be electrical.
Some of the units that surround the area where the fire began suffered damage.
After the fire utilities had to be shut off there, which meant around 40 people were displaced.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]