The Roberts Wesleyan University Cultural Life Center is pleased to announce its 2022-2023 series of live performing arts events. The fall and spring semester performance season, which is open to the public, features a range of events spanning live theatre, music, dance and more.
“The 2022-2023 performing arts lineup includes performances that celebrate exceptional artistry through stories and musical expression,” said Brenda Myrthil, director of community events at Roberts Wesleyan University. “Every show is unique and I’m certain that audiences will leave feeling like they’ve just seen and heard something special.”
The lineup currently consists of the following performances:
U.S. Air Force Brass Quintet: October 9 at 2 p.m.
- Heritage Brass is a six-member pioneering symphonic brass ensemble. Bringing the military tradition of brass and percussion to the concert stage. The ensemble presents a diverse repertoire featuring orchestral transcriptions, patriotic favorites, jazz standards and new compositions.
- Event is free and open to the public.
I AM THEY Concert: October 22 at 7:30 p.m.
- The In Between Tour featured I AM THEY and Jonathan Traylor. Pop worship band I AM THEY believes in God’s faithfulness as an active exercise in trust.
- Tickets are $35 for premium, $30 for regular and $25 for value seating. Special VIP Meet & Greet Experience before the show is $15. Click here.
Brass Transit: November 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Since 2008 Brass Transit, a Chicago tribute band, has toured North America steadily, dazzling audiences with flawless performances and spectacular attention to detail. Hits like Saturday in The Park, 25 or 6 to 4, If You Leave Me Now, Feelin’ Stronger Every Day and You’re the Inspiration will leave crowds in awe.
- Tickets are $50 for premium, $40 regular and $35 for value seating.
Christmas Gala: December 10 at 7:30 p.m. and December 11 at 3:00 p.m.
- A scholarship concert and celebration with your favorite songs and carols, performed by the Roberts Wesleyan University instrumental and vocal ensembles. Enjoy our chamber ensembles in the Kodak Atrium before the concert and during intermission. 100% of the proceeds go to music student scholarships. Both Live and Virtual Live Stream Tickets are available.
- Tickets are $25 for general and virtual. Children 12 & under and Roberts Wesleyan University students are free.
Shrek the Musical – Roberts Wesleyan Community Theatre: January 13-15 and 20-22, 2023
- Shrek the Musical is the story of a hulking green ogre who, after being mocked and feared his entire life, retreats to an ugly green swamp to exist in happy isolation. Suddenly, a gang of homeless fairy-tale characters (Pinocchio, Cinderella, the Three Pigs, you name it) raid his sanctuary, saying they’ve been evicted by the vertically challenged Lord Farquaad. So Shrek strikes a deal: I’ll get your homes back, if you give me my home back! But when Shrek and Farquaad meet, the Lord strikes a deal of his own: He’ll give the fairy-tale characters their homes back, if Shrek rescues Princess Fiona. Shrek obliges, yet finds something appealing–something strange and different–about this pretty princess. He likes her. A lot. But why does she always run off when the sun sets?
- Tickets are $25 for premium, $23 regular and $20 value seating.
For more information about the schedule of events or details on how to purchase tickets, please visit the Roberts Cultural Life Center website or contact the box office at 585-594-6008 or [email protected].