In this episode, it’s our weekly visit with Auburn City Clerk Chuck Mason and a recap of Thursday’s City Council. This week:
- The opening of the State St. Event Plaza and its Wednesday night music series.
- An update on road and other construction projects.
- With five Thursdays in September, the council will not meet on September 1.
- The council set a public hearing for next Thursday on a local law to opt-in to the state’s C-PACE funding program for businesses to make energy efficiency improvements. Auburn Community Hospital hopes to access some of the funds for its HVAC project.
- The council voted to accept a grant for improvements at Hoopes Park.
- The council also accepted a $40,000 grant from the Tony Hawk’s foundation, known as the Skatepark Project, for work on the skatepark at Casey Park.