The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control has investigate the explosion that happened in Old Forge on July 30 and believes they have found the cause.
The office states that they believe the explosion was caused by gas vapors released from the propane system in the residence and an electric spark from a lower level utility area ignited the explosion.
The investigation is still active and witnesses are being interviewed to continue to evaluate evidence that was discovered during the scene examination.
State Office of Fire Prevention and Control has been assisting the Old Forge Fire Department and Town of Webb Police Department in the investigation.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]