First responders say a family of seven was forced out of their home after a large fire Wednesday night.
The fire was reported a little after 10 p.m. in the Village of Sodus on Belden Avenue.
Firefighters told WHEC-TV that the flames spread quickly, so they called in more manpower. At least five other departments showed up to the scene.
Two adults and five kids made it out safely, but two dogs were killed.
The fire is believed to have started at a stove. The house was significantly damaged; and will need extensive repairs.
The American Red ross is assisting.
To have the latest updates, information, and headlines delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! – Android (All Android Devices) – iOS (iPhone, iPad)