Skip to content
DiSanto Propane (Banner)
Home » News » Fire

Fire

Structure fire under investigation in Butler

Multiple departments called to fire along CR 47 on Wednesday
Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts says no one was hurt in a structure fire over the weekend in Butler. The blaze was reported at a single-occupancy home located at 14144 South Butler Conquest Road. A ... more
/

Barn damaged after morning fire in Wayne County

A small barn suffered extensive damage after a fire on Route 104 in Wayne County. Red Creek, Victory, and Fair Haven fire departments responded along with Oswego Town RIT and Lakeshore Ambulance. Firefighters who arrived ... more
/

Woman injured in grease fire at Auburn home

Woman injured in grease fire at Auburn home
An Auburn woman suffered serious burns to her left arm Friday in a grease fire at her home. At around 11:53 a.m., the Auburn Fire Department responded to a home at 21 Court St. Upon ... more
/

Fatal structure fire under investigation in Dix

The Schuyler County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal structure fire that occurred in the early morning hours of March 27th. The Beaver Dams Volunteer Fire Department responded to Pearl Street in the Town of ... more
/

Teen charged with felony arson after pair of Hector fires

The Schuyler County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a 16-year-old male on arson charges following an investigation. The 16-year-old who was not identified due to age was arrested after an investigation into two structure fires in ... more
/

UNDER INVESTIGATION: Multiple departments respond to structure fire in Shortsville

UNDER INVESTIGATION: Multiple departments respond to structure fire in Shortsville
On Monday around 2:08 p.m. firefighters from Manchester and Shortsville fire departments were dispatched to a house fire at Lime Stone Estates Mobile Home Park located at 3718 Route 96 in Manchester. Neighbors had reportedly ... more
/

Overnight fire at Kings and Queens Court Apartments in Auburn

Overnight fire at Kings and Queens Court Apartments in Auburn
An overnight fire at Kings and Queens Court Apartments in Auburn temporarily evacuated residents at the 65 and 63 South Street apartments around 3:30 a.m. Sunday. Auburn Fire Department arrived on the scene at 3:29 ... more
/

TCAT bus destroyed after fire on Rt. 96

Around 4:45 p.m. on Friday the Trumansburg Fire Department and Ithaca Fire Department responded to the 1600 block of Route 96 for the report of a TCAT bus that was filling with smoke. By the ... more
/

Pickup truck destroyed in King Ferry blaze (photo)

Pickup truck destroyed in King Ferry blaze (photo)
On Saturday firefighters responded to the report of a burning pickup truck. King Ferry and Genoa fire departments responded to the incident, which resulted in the truck being destroyed. Firefighters say that there were no ... more
/

Auburn driver charged with DWI after cars burned up at Union Springs auto shop

Auburn driver charged with DWI after cars burned up at Union Springs auto shop
An Auburn woman, who crashed her vehicle into an auto repair shop in Union Springs on Saturday has been charged with driving while intoxicated, according to the Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office. Sheriff Gould says that ... more
/

Crews respond to multi-unit fire at complex in Newark

Crews respond to multi-unit fire at complex in Newark
Members of the Newark Volunteer Fire Department were busy on Thursday with an accident and fire at the same time. To make matters worse — when the call came in about a fire at 309 ... more
/

Multiple departments respond to Conquest fire (photos)

Multiple departments respond to Conquest fire (photos)
Firefighters brought a Conquest garage fire under control within 30 minutes, according to first responders on Monday night. Passerby reports indicated that smoke could be seen a significant distance from the source of the fire ... more
/

The first first responders: A look at the lives of Cayuga County 911 dispatchers

The first first responders: A look at the lives of Cayuga County 911 dispatchers
On Feb. 16, 1968, an Alabama state senator made the first 911 call in the United States. The call was placed at 2 o'clock on a Friday afternoon from the mayor's office in Haleyville, Alabama, ... more
/

UPDATE: Walmart re-opened in Waterloo after temporary evacuation

UPDATE: Walmart re-opened in Waterloo after temporary evacuation
While details are still sporadic, the Walmart located on North Road in Seneca Falls was temporarily evacuated on Saturday. A pipe is located on the outside of the building caused the evacuation. A fire alarm ... more
/

Phelps fire likely caused by unattended cooking on stove

Phelps fire likely caused by unattended cooking on stove
On Tuesday around 5:10 p.m. firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in Phelps after it was discovered by the residents. Phelps and Oaks Corners fire departments were called to the scene, with initial units arriving ... more
/

Crews respond to fire at Ray’s Restaurant in Canandaigua

Firefighters in Canandaigua were called to the scene of a restaurant fire on State Route 332 around 7 p.m. on Tuesday. A fire at Ray’s Restaurant located at 2510 State Route 332 was quickly extinguished, ... more
/

Crews respond to Aurelius barn fire on Friday

Crews respond to Aurelius barn fire on Friday
Multiple departments in Cayuga and Seneca counties were called to a second alarm barn fire in Aurelius on Friday afternoon. Photos from the scene show the barn fully-engulfed. Aurelius, Throop, Cayuga, Auburn, Seneca Falls, Fleming, ... more
/

Fire breaks out at senior living complex in Williamson

Fire breaks out at senior living complex in Williamson
A grease fire caused extensive damage to an apartment at a senior living facility in Williamson Tuesday night. Firefighters say the fire was contained to one apartment at the Williamson Orchard Estate Apartments. No one ... more
/

UPDATE: Investigation underway into fire that destroyed Wayne Co. home

UPDATE: Investigation underway into fire that destroyed Wayne Co. home
First responders say a newspaper delivery person called 911 after witnessing flames shooting out of a vacant house on Lake Road in Williamson. The Pultneyville Fire Department responded to the house fire, which happened on ... more
/

Sheriff Spike: Winter storm claims one life in Yates County, 911 Center flooded with calls

The winter storm that blasted the region with heavy snow and strong winds over the last 24 hours has resulted in one fatality, according to Yates County Sheriff Ron Spike. In an update on conditions ... more
/

Fire department: Dog, candle caused small house fire in Auburn

Auburn firefighters extinguished a small house fire Tuesday night after a family's dog nudged some bedding near a candle, fire officials said. The fire broke out at around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday at 115 Osborne St ... more
/