Skip to content
Home » Ontario County » Geneva » Geneva gas station fire likely caused by tossed cigarette

Geneva gas station fire likely caused by tossed cigarette

  • / Updated:
  • Staff Report 

A discarded cigarette sparked a fire Wednesday morning at the Geneva Fastrac gas station on Hamilton Street, first responders said.


The cigarette was thrown into the landscaping on the east side of the store, igniting the bushes. The flames quickly spread to the roof of the building, requiring firefighters to cut and rip part of the roof to extinguish the smoky blaze.

The store remains closed this afternoon as a result of the fire.