Skip to content
Home » Seneca County » Seneca Falls » Seneca County Sheriff’s Office and SFPD seek witnesses to high-speed pursuit

Seneca County Sheriff’s Office and SFPD seek witnesses to high-speed pursuit

  • / Updated:
  • Staff Report 

The Seneca County Sheriff’s Office and the Seneca Falls Police Department are seeking assistance from the public regarding a police pursuit on May 21 around 4:00 p.m.

The chase started in the Town of Seneca Falls and continued through the Village of Waterloo and the Town of Fayette.

The suspect drove recklessly at high speeds through residential areas, endangering public safety.

Authorities are asking anyone who witnessed the incident or had to take evasive action to avoid a collision to contact Deputy Jarrod Surine at (315) 220-3446 or [email protected].

Original Report: Seneca Falls man arrested after high speed chase through multiple towns: Police say he reached 130 mph

A high-speed chase through multiple towns ended with the arrest of Brandon A. Carlson, 38, of Seneca Falls following a collaborative effort by the Seneca Falls Police Department and the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.

The incident began with a routine traffic stop in Seneca Falls, where Carlson chose to flee, initiating a high-speed pursuit. The chase extended through the Village of Waterloo and into Fayette, with Carlson reaching speeds up to 130 mph, posing a significant danger to the community and other motorists.

Police terminated the pursuit due to the extreme risk but continued efforts to locate Carlson. Seneca County Deputies later spotted Carlson’s vehicle in Fayette, where they managed to stop the vehicle and take him into custody without further incident.

Carlson faces multiple charges, including three counts of unlawful fleeing of a police officer, reckless driving, and several traffic violations. He also has outstanding felony warrants for grand larceny, burglary, criminal mischief, and criminal contempt.

Chief Timothy A. Snyder and Sheriff Timothy Thompson praised the officers and deputies involved. “This incident highlights the importance of inter-agency cooperation and the dedication of our officers to ensuring public safety,” said Snyder.

Carlson was arraigned at Seneca County Court on May 22 and released on his own recognizance. He is scheduled to appear in various town courts in June and July for the charges and outstanding warrants. He remains in custody pending arraignment in Seneca County Court for the violation of conditional sentence warrants.

The New York State Police and New York State Park Police assisted in the operation.