Skip to content
Home » Cayuga County » Auburn » Auburn FD extinguishes fire at Boyle Center, assists residents

Auburn FD extinguishes fire at Boyle Center, assists residents

  • / Updated:
  • Staff Report 

The Auburn Fire Department responded to a fire at the Boyle Center located at 149 Genesee Street on Friday, December 1 at 1:15 p.m.


The Cayuga County 911 Center dispatched the firefighters following an automatic fire alarm. Upon arrival, the department’s Engine 4 crew confirmed a kitchen fire on the third floor of the residential building. The fire department’s quick response and efficient action confined the fire to the apartment where it originated, successfully bringing the blaze under control within 15 minutes.

Following the containment of the fire, the fire department conducted a thorough ventilation process for all eight floors of the Boyle Center to clear smoke.

Finger Lakes Partners (Billboard)

Additionally, all apartments were checked to ensure the safety of the building’s occupants. During the incident, multiple residents were treated on-site for difficulty breathing by the Auburn NY City Ambulance. Fortunately, there were no reports of residents requiring hospital transportation due to the incident.

Despite the successful containment of the fire, one resident was displaced due to the damage and received assistance from the American Red Cross. The Auburn Fire Department acknowledged the support of AMR Ambulance and City Code Enforcement in managing the situation. The quick and coordinated efforts of these teams played a crucial role in preventing further escalation of the fire and ensuring the safety of the Boyle Center’s residents.