The third-ranked Hobart College hockey team scored twice in the second period as it rallied for a 3-1 victory over SUNY Fredonia in a non-conference contest at The Cooler this evening. With the win, the Statesmen are now 6-2-0 on the season.
Chris Duclair, Tanner Hartman and Kevin Lassman scored for Hobart. Graham Burke made 14 saves as he earned his first victory of the season.
Kimball Baxter scored for the Blue Devils (2-6-0). Charles-Anthony Barbeau played just over 59 minutes in goal. He made 42 saves.
- Hobart is 4-0-0 at The Cooler this season, extending its home win streak to 24 games.
- With an assist in today’s game, Shane Shell has assists in four straight games.
- The Statesmen have killed off 24 straight penalties to start the year.
- Kimball opened the scoring 27 seconds into the game. He picked up a rebound in the slot and flipped a shot past Burke for his third goal of the year. Joe Santoro and Dillon Schmidt were credited with assists on the goal.
- Duclair tied the game at the 2:26 mark of the second period. He chipped a shot from the left wing past Barbeau for his team-leading eighth goal of the season. Shell was awarded an assist on the goal.
- At the 17:11 mark of the middle stanza, Hartman scored what would prove to be the game-winning goal. He picked up a loose puck on the left wing and chipped a shot across the goal line. His fifth goal of the season was assisted by Tanner Daniels and Jared Patterson.
- Kevin Lassman added an empty-net goal with 40 seconds remaining in the game. He lofted a shot from in front of his own bench into the empty cage.
- The Blue Devils nearly took a 2-0 lead at the 12:20 mark of the first period, but Parker James ripped a shot off of the left goal post.
- The Statesmen turned the game around in the second period, outshooting Fredonia 23-3 in the middle stanza. The Blue Devils also blocked another seven shots in the frame.
- Hobart finished the game with a 45-15 advantage in shots on goal.
- Both teams were 0-for-1 on the power play.
The Statesmen will be back in action on Tuesday, Nov. 21, when it welcomes SUNY Brockport to The Cooler. Faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.