The top-ranked Hobart College hockey team was edged by 11th-ranked Oswego 3-2 in overtime in a non-conference contest at the Deborah F. Stanley Arena & Convocation Center this evening.
Three different players recorded a point for the Statesmen (0-1-0). Damon Beaverstarted in goal and made 35 saves.
Tyler Flack scored the game-tying goal and the game-winning goal for the Lakers (1-0-0). Shane Bull finished the night with a pair of assists. Cal Schell went the distance in goal for Oswego and made 24 saves.
- Oswego opened the scoring at 5:45 of the second period. Quinn Warmuth ripped a wrist shot from the right faceoff circle past Beaver. Bull was awarded an assist on the goal.
- The Statesmen tied the game with 42 seconds left in the middle frame. First-year Chris Duclair fired a shot from the point through traffic and past Schell for his first collegiate goal. It was a power-play tally.
- Hobart took a 2-1 lead at the 4:50 mark of the third period. Sophomore Ignat Belov snapped a shot from the point into the back of the net. Tristan Fasig was awarded an assist on the goal that came just after an Oswego power play.
- The Lakers tied the game at two with just over 90 seconds remaining in regulation. Flack picked up a rebound in front of the net and flipped a shot past Beaver. Connor Gatto was awarded an assist on the goal.
- Flack then scored the game-winning goal with 1:22 remaining in the overtime. Following a turnover in the defensive end of the ice, the Lakers had a 3-on-1 and Nolan Barrett hit Flack with a cross-ice pass and Flack one-timed the pass into the back of the net.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Oswego finished the game with a 38-26 edge in shots on goal.
- Hobart was 1-for-4 with the man advantage and Oswego was 0-for-5 with the extra attacker.
Hobart will be back in action tomorrow, Oct. 28, when it heads to Potsdam to take on the Bears. Faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.