A lightning-induced fire on June 27 forced Dollar General on Wayne Avenue to shut its doors, leaving Clyde residents without a major food source for over two months.
The establishment’s reopening has been hampered by delayed electrical service restoration, which only resumed on Monday.
The Finger Lakes Times reports a communication breakdown between the village and New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG) regarding the store’s safety inspection caused the extended closure. While village officials stated the inspection was completed a month ago, NYSEG was unaware due to apparently missing paperwork.
Internet service still hasn’t been restored to the property. But once that happens, it should be able to reopen.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].