The Clyde Fire Department responded swiftly to a riding lawnmower fire in the village of Clyde on July 19, 2023.
At approximately 12:10 p.m., Rescue 2 (R2) along with Car 2-1 were dispatched to the scene. Upon arrival, they encountered the lawnmower fully engulfed in flames.
Firefighters quickly brought the situation under control by stretching a line and extinguishing the fire.
An investigation into the incident indicated that the battery had fallen and caused a short circuit in the mower, leading to the blaze. Following the successful extinguishment of the fire, all units were put back in service under the direction of Car 2-1.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].