Firefighters in Clyde were dispatched to a possible structure fire in the village during the early morning hours on Sunday.
The Clyde Fire Department reports that it came in as a call for a possible structure fire originating in a stove.
The resident was reportedly trying to extinguish it. Firefighters responded along with Eastern Wayne EMS and observed no signs of fire from the outside.
However, they found heavy smoke inside the home. Firefighters quickly determined that the fire had already been put out and contained to the kitchen area.
Clyde firefighters used portable fans to ventilate the property and remove smoke.
All units were returned to service shortly thereafter.
Savannah and Rose provided mutual aid assistance.
No injuries were reported.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].