First responders in Cayuga County were dispatched to what was initially reported as a house explosion during the early evening hours on Saturday.
Our partners at the Cayuga/Seneca Fire Wire reported that the home was located on Howell Road, and by the time first responders were on-scene for a short period of time- the structure was partially collapsed.
A medevac was initially requested, but ultimately cancelled.
First responders from Locke, Moravia, Groton, and Four Town Ambulance were at the scene.
The reported explosions may have been caused by propane tanks on the property. However, that detail remains unconfirmed at this time.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]