There was a heavy law enforcement presence at Elderlee, Inc. in Phelps on Monday after an incident involving toxic chemicals.
According to reporting by the Finger Lakes Times, first responders were called after reports of a person releasing toxins in the facility’s air-filtration system around 11 a.m.
It took about an hour to deal with the situation, the sheriff’s office said. The person involved in the incident was not identified, but surrendered to deputies and was taken to Clifton Springs Hospital & Clinic for evaluation.
Emergency management officials tested the air and determined there were no substances released into the atmosphere there.
As of Tuesday morning, the sheriff’s office had not announced any charges against the unnamed man.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]