Auburn Firefighters swiftly tackled a minor blaze at an apartment building on Tuesday morning.
The Auburn Fire Department stated that their crews arrived at the Genesee Street location shortly after 11:00 am, discovering a small fire within a wall by the entrance stairs.
The efficient response of the firefighters meant that it took them only about 15 minutes to extinguish the flames.
Fortunately, there were no reported injuries, and all residents can remain in their homes. Upon investigation, it was determined that improperly discarded smoking materials near the building’s steps were the cause of the fire.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]