Employees at Filer’s Powersports in Macedon are speaking out after it reopened following a smash-and-grab burglary late-Tuesday.
A truck crashed into the side door of the building, and seven individual got out of a truck – taking dirt bikes.
They came back and stole more merchandise. But this isn’t the first time the dealer has been hit.
“We’re sick of it,” Manager Shaun Mauger told RochesterFirst.com. “We’ve got stuff stolen over a fence line and broken in before and we’re done with it. It’s nerve-wracking, we’re parking cars in front of doors doing everything we can for security and we’ve got probably a hundred thousand dollars in damage in missing items.”
Police say there was approximately $67,000 in dirt bikes stolen.
Here are some of the missing bikes:
- Yamaha YZ450 Monster Edition
- YZ125 Monster Edition, TT-R230, TT-R 110
- Suzuki RMZ450
- Suzuki RMZ250
- Suzuki RM85 all model year 2023.
- 2022 Kayo K2 230 and Kayo KT250.
Here are the VIN numbers to look for:
- YZ450 – JYACJ34C2PA003174
- YZ125 – JYACE34C8PA008657
- TTR110 – JYACE25E9PA006815
- TTR230 – 9C6CG28E4P0002342
- RMZ250 – JS1EC11C6P7100255
- RMZ450 – JS1DZ11C3N7100303
- RM85 – RFDRD16C2N1100230
- KT 250 – L6JSBNLC8N1000037
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]