Skip to content
Home » News » UPDATE: 3 Americans found dead in Mexico City Airbnb died of gas inhalation

UPDATE: 3 Americans found dead in Mexico City Airbnb died of gas inhalation

Authorities in Mexico City have determined the cause of death for three Americans that were staying in an Airbnb and found dead.

Courtez Hall, Jordan Marshall, and Kandace Florence were three friends on a vacation in Mexico City recently. They were staying in an Airbnb before a wellness check done by the owner found them dead.

Police said on Tuesday that post-mortem examinations show the three died of carbon monoxide poisoning on Oct. 30, 2022.

Finger Lakes Partners (Billboard)

Carbon monoxide can be found in fumes from stoves, lanterns, fire places, gas ranges, furnaces, grills, or engines, according to the CDC. According to My Twin Tiers, the cause in this case hasn’t been determined.

Security guards for the apartment building where the three were staying said they called police after they noticed an intense smell of gas in an apartment.

On Oct. 30, Florence was on the phone with her boyfriend when she started to get sick and told him something wasn’t right. The phone was disconnected and the boyfriend called the host of the Airbnb for a wellness check. When the wellness check was done, the three guests were found dead.

According to AP, tourists dying from carbon monoxide poisoning is actually common.

Categories: News

Top