The average price per gallon of gas has seen an increase in New York State since the supply is getting tighter, according to AAA.
The average price per gallon in Syracuse was up 5 cents from last week, bringing it to $3.78, according to CNY Central.
The average price per gallon nationally is up to $3.80, which is up by 4 cents from last week.
In New York State, the average is now $3.87, up 5 cents since this time last week.
The supply is becoming tighter in the U.S. and oil prices have been fluctuating. This puts pressure on the price of gas.
The weather has been warm in the New York region, causing the demand for gas to increase because people want to be out enjoying the weather.
There are also limited supplies of gasoline in the Northeast region. If the supply remains tight the way it is now along with increasing oil prices then prices could continue to increase.
Gas prices by region
- Batavia: $3.78, up 3 cents from last week
- Buffalo: $3.78, up 2 cents from last week
- Elmira: $3.77, up 1 cent from last week
- Ithaca: $3.81, up 1 cent from last week
- Rochester: $3.82, up 3 cents from last week
- Rome: $3.89, up 4 cents from last week
- Syracuse: $3.78, up 5 cents from last week
- Watertown: $3.90, up 7 cents from last week
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]