The Syracuse Orange Football team suffered their second straight loss on Saturday afternoon, falling to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish 41-24 in front of a sellout crowd at the JMA Wireless Dome. With the loss, Syracuse drops to 6-2 on the season.
The game was tied at seven after the first quarter, but Notre Dame grabbed the lead in the second and led 21-7 at the half. Syracuse made it a 24-17 game heading into the final quarter, but the Fighting Irish pulled away for the victory.
Garrett Shrader did not play in the second half due to an injury. Before leaving the game, he completed just five-of-14 passes for 35 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Backup quarterback Carlos Del Rio-Wilson threw for 190 yards and two touchdowns with one pick on 11-for-22 passing.
Sean Tucker had 16 carries for 60 yards with one score. Oronde Gadsden added four receptions for 78 yards and a touchdown.
GAME RECAP LINKS:
- Syracuse Falls Short vs Notre Dame, Suffers Second Straight Loss (SI.com)
- FINAL SCORE: Notre Dame 41, Syracuse 24 (NunesMagician.com)
- Irish Hand #16 Orange First Home Loss of Season (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse drops first home game, giving up its most points all season in 41-24 loss to Notre Dame (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse falls to Notre Dame 41-24 as Del Rio-Wilson replaces Shrader (DailyOrange.com)
DINO BABERS POSTGAME PRESS CONFERENCE: