Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance and partners of the Finger Lakes business community are working together to provide financial assistance to a college student in the form of a scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to a dedicated student who is in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of undergraduate study in the fields of tourism and hospitality, and is from the Finger Lakes region.
FLTA and Finger Lakes business owners understand the importance of a strong workforce and dedicated leadership within the tourism and hospitality industry and aim to provide some financial assistance to undergraduate students as they continue to learn fundamental practices in and out of the classroom.
Here are the application requirements:
- A resident of the 14-county Finger Lakes Tourism Region (Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Livingston, Monroe, Onondaga, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates counties
- Studying Tourism and Hospitality and is a sophomore, junior or senior-level student
- Has work history, preferably in the Hospitality or Tourism Industry
- Endorsement letter from an employer detailing your dates of employment and highlighting your performance as well as the type of work performed
- At least two additional letters of reference or recommendation from a current professor.
- A 400-word or less statement which includes:
- The applicant’s area of tourism and academic interest.
- Outline of financial need.
- Outline of how the scholarship will advance the applicant’s career and benefit the hospitality and tourism industry in the Finger Lakes region.
Here are the application instructions:
- All Scholarship Applications must be received no later than Tuesday, November 15, 2022
- Return to Cindy Kimble via email at [email protected] or mail to 309 Lake St Penn Yan, NY 14527
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships
- If you have any questions, please call 315-536-7488.
- Scholarships are awarded directly to the student.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]