The Town of Macedon has a new court building.
The Town announced the opening of its first standalone Town Court building, located at 1890 State Route 31 in Macedon.
During the COVID-19 state of emergency, the Town didn’t have a standalone building to serve as courthouse. Other Town services operated remotely.
When they were given the green light by the state to reopen court in August 2020, officials in Macedon began looking for a home.
The Town Complex, where court had operated from before, was not able to reopen safely. So, they needed to find another space.
The former Chase bank was that location. The Town is leasing space from the West Wayne Plaza.
That location worked perfectly for the next two years, as contractors and building owners worked together to make the property right.
Now, the Town is full-owner of the building, which serves as Town Court Building.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]