LA PLUME, Pa.—The Hobart College football team scored the first 52 points of the game on its way to a 65-6 win over Keystone College this afternoon. The Statesmen scored seven rushing, one passing, and one interception return touchdown for the second highest scoring total in program history.
FOR THE RECORD
- Hobart is 3-1 overall.
- Keystone falls to 0-4.
- The Statesmen lead the series 2-0.
THE RUN DOWN
- Hobart handed the ball off to eight different ball carriers, none of whom gained more than 46 yards, but collectively they ran for 229 yards in the game.
- Andres Duran and Byron Maddox Jr. shared game-high honors with 46 yards rushing. Duran scored a pair of TDs, while Maddox scored his first career touchdown.
- Tim Denham Jr. rushed nine times for 42 yards and a game-high three touchdowns.
- Zach Wantuck also scored his first rushing touchdown.
- Hobart completed 9-of-11 (.818) pass attempts for the second highest completion percentage in program history.
- David Krewson was 5-of-6 passing for 103 yards, including a 42-yard TD pass to Rane Daramola in the second quarter.
- Luke Hescock caught two passes for a team-high 48 yards.
- The Statesmen limited the Giants to 82 yards rushing and 112 yards passing.
- Linebacker Mike McGhee posted a game-high 14 tackles, including 2.5 for loss and a sack.
- Defensive back Blake Hansen had three tackles and a 60-yard interception return for a touchdown. The pick-six gave Hobart a 28-0 lead midway through the second quarter.
- The 65 points are the second most scored by Hobart in the program’s 128-season history. The Statesmen scoring record is 70 set on Nov. 11, 1896, against Geneva A.C.
- Kicker Tobias Wefering tied the Hobart records for extra points made (8) and extra points attempted (9). His 11 points on the day are tied for sixth on the Statesmen single game list.
- Hobart will begin Liberty League play on Oct. 1 when the Statesmen welcome Ithaca to Boswell Field on Homecoming and Family Weekend.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].