The Syracuse Orange football team cruised past the UConn Huskies, 48-14, on Saturday night at Pratt & Whitney Stadium.
With the victory, the Orange improved to 2-0 for the first time since 2018.
Quarterback Garrett Shrader shined again as he threw for 287 yards and collected five total touchdowns. Sean Tucker scored and ran for over 100 yards for the first time this season.
Syracuse had 465 yards of total offense and held UConn to 202 yards.
GAME RECAP LINKS:
- Final Score: Syracuse 48, UConn 14 (NunesMagician.com)
- Syracuse football coasts to 2-0 with 48-14 beatdown at Connecticut (final score, recap) (Syracuse.com)
- FULL TEAM EFFORT LEADS FOOTBALL OVER UCONN (Cuse.com)
- Three takeaways from Syracuse’s 48-14 win over UConn (NunesMagician.com)
DINO BABERS POSTGAME PRESS CONFERENCE:
The Syracuse Orange football team will square off with the UConn Huskies on Saturday night at Pratt & Whitney Stadium, looking to start the season with two consecutive victories for the first time since 2018.
Syracuse is coming off a 31-7 win over the Louisville Cardinals. Sean Tucker and the Orange used a balanced offensive attack against the Cardinals as they totaled 207 rushing yards and 242 through the air. Syracuse scored on its first four drives and was a perfect 4-for-4 in the red zone.
The kickoff for Saturday’s game is slated for 7 p.m. on the CBS Sports Network.
GAME PREVIEW LINKS:
- ORANGE LOOK TO CONTINUE MOMENTUM (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse football: Orange depth chart has minimal changes against UConn (NunesMagician.com)
- Syracuse Game Saturday: Syracuse at UConn prediction, odds, spread, line, over/under and betting info. for week 2 (InsideTheLoudHouse.com)
- Syracuse Football: Orange open as 20 point favorites on the road at UConn (NunesMagician.com)
- Syracuse football: Dino Babers’s UConn week preview (NunesMagician.com)
- ‘CUSE HEADS TO UCONN FOR FIRST ROAD TEST (Cuse.com)
GAME WEEK MEDIA:
Kyle leads sports coverage and hosts the Concrete Jungle podcast. Have a lead or question? Send it to [email protected].