In this episode, we visit with Auburn City Clerk Chuck Mason and get a recap of Thursday’s City Council meeting.
- A public hearing was held on the local law needed for Auburn businesses to be eligible for C-PACE funding to make energy efficiency improvements.
- There was a first reading of proposed changes to the city’s zoning ordinances covering retail cannabis sales locations.
- Courtney Kasper from the Equal Rights Heritage Park discussed the celebration of the bicentennial of Harriet Tubman’s birth and the Visit Auburn program, funded through the American Rescue Plan Act.
- Superintendent Ahna Wilson gave a presentation on renovations to the Harriet Tubman National Historical Park and the AME Zion Church.
- Dr. Walt Aikman presented a draft urban forestry plan to protect the city’s trees.
- The ribbon cutting for the new State St. Plaza was held Friday afternoon.
- Saturday is Founders Day and Great Race day in Auburn.