In this episode, we visit with Yates County Administrator Nonie Flynn for a county legislature recap and the latest county news.
- What does it mean to become a “constitutional county?”
- The county will work with Keuka Housing on a Community Development Block Grant to repair or replace aging sewer systems in 15 homes.
- The legislature voted to increase the property tax exemption granted to military veterans.
- The contract was awarded for Phase 1A of the ReConnect broadband rollout project, the construction of the internet backbone.
- The county office building has new year-round hours, 8-4:30.
- The legislature joined other small counties in calling for changes to election laws that put a burden on smaller counties, such as the requirement to have a full staff available for early voting locations.
- Greenidge Generation CEO Dale Irwin addressed the legislature this week.
- An anonymous audit by the Coalition for Open Government found the county is in compliance with the state’s Freedom of Information Law.
Ted is a longtime staple of the Finger Lakes media scene. He serves as lead anchor and broadcaster, hosting FingerLakes1.com’s flagship daily live program Finger Lakes Today. He also hosts Inside the FLX, a recurring podcast featuring newsmakers from around the Finger Lakes. Have a question or lead? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.