A new budget was passed in Rhode Island that will pay parents up to $750.
Who is eligible for this rebate?
Who is eligible for the rebate?
This new budget plan will offer $250 for each qualifying child. However, there is a maximum of 3 children– which would be $750. It is expected that roughly 115,000 families will qualify for the rebate. In order to receive the rebate you must:
- File their Rhode Island 2021 Personal Income Tax return as one of the following:
- married filing separately
- head of household
- qualifying widow or widower, with a federal adjusted gross income of $100,000 or less
- married filing jointly, with a federal adjusted gross income of $200,000 or less
- have at least one qualifying child (18 or younger as of December 31, 2021)
There is no application for the rebate, all you need to do is file your 2021 Rhode Island Personal Income Tax Return. The rebates will start being distributed in October 2022 and will come as a check in the mail.