In our monthly visit with Yates County Administrator Nonie Flynn, we talked about actions taken at this week’s County Legislature meeting, including:
- Extension of the four percent occupancy tax. Much of the revenue goes to tourism promotion.
- A contract with the Veterans One-Stop Center of WNY for veterans’ services.
- A public hearing on August 8 to consider increasing the property tax exemption granted to veterans.
- A contract to purchase the remaining fiber for the broadband rollout and a contract to be awarded this week for Phase 1A of the construction.
- Approval of the capital budget for $19 million worth of projects throughout the county.
- Another round of COVID-19 vaccine clinics being conducted by the County Health Department.