A 15-foot 1932 Chris-Craft Model 300 is coming. So, too, is a 1955 Penn Yan Sealiner. And a 1955 Wagemaker Wolverine that hasn’t been afloat in a decade.
They and dozens of other dazzling midcentury boats will be on display at Skaneateles’ 44th Annual Antique and Classic Boat Show July 29-31.
The show, in Clift Park, is hosted by the Finger Lakes Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society and the Skaneateles Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation. Hours are 3 p.m. to dusk Friday, 9 a.m. to dusk Saturday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free.
Visitors will enjoy learning about—and meeting the owners of—some 90 runabouts, launches, sailboats, canoes, rowing craft and race boats, many restored to their original condition.
“The show offers non-stop splendor, set against the backdrop of Skaneateles’ fine boutiques, galleries and restaurants,” says Hilary Fenner, executive director of the Skaneateles Area Chamber of Commerce. “We can’t wait to welcome you!”
Highlights of the weekend include:
- A boat parade and fly-by, led by the Skaneateles Fire Department, starting at 3:15 p.m. Saturday.
- Performances by the Skaneateles Community Band, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday; the Diana Jacobs Band, noon to 3 p.m. Saturday; and the Soda Ash Six, noon to 2 p.m. Sunday.
- A display of model antique boats by the Syracuse Model Boat Club, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- A youth judging competition, sponsored by Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance to “spark kids’ passion for wooden boats,” 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- Opportunities for children to paint toy wooden boats, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- A knot-tying demonstration, 11 a.m. Saturday.
- A photo-shoot and spectator cruise aboard the Judge Ben Wiles, 10 a.m. Sunday. The Judge will leave from the Mid-Lakes Navigation dock in Clift Park and make a slow tour of the north end of Skaneateles Lake, while exhibiting boats make random passes and provide opportunities for action shots.
- Raffle drawings, 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Judging of the boats, in 35 categories, takes place Saturday morning. Throughout the weekend, visitors will cast their votes for the highly coveted People’s Choice Award, sponsored by Doug’s Fish Fry, which will be presented at 1:45 p.m. Sunday.
M&T Bank is the show’s presenting sponsor. Contributing sponsors are the Sherwood Inn, Beak & Skiff/1911, Brinson Marine, Doug’s Fish Fry, Finger Lakes Insurance Agency, Hagerty, Katz’s Marina, White & White Antiques, Chase Design, Good Eats & Sips, Jacobs Press, Mirbeau Inn & Spa, Skaneateles Suites, Skaneateles Town Square, Amber Spain-Mosher (Realtor, RE/MAX Masters), Blue Water Grill, Finger Lakes ENT & Skin Oncology, Gilda’s, Howard Hanna Real Estate Services, Janice M. Miller, Architect, Mid-Lakes Navigation, SECNY, Stroll Skaneateles, Tops Friendly Markets, Valentine’s Pizza & Deli and Wirth’s Automotive. Media sponsors are The Citizen, Group M Communications and WRVO Public Media.
The show is handicapped-accessible. For more information, visit online or call the Skaneateles Area Chamber of Commerce at 315-685-0552.
This content is brought to you by the FingerLakes1.com Team. Support our mission by visiting www.patreon.com/fl1 or learn how you send us your local content here.