If you’re trying to save while you shop, joining a warehouse club could be a smart choice.
Costco, Sam’s Club, and BJ’s are three of the largest wholesalers.
Don’t file your taxes on public wifi- protect your information from hackers
The three clubs may be similar, but they aren’t all the same. Each has different membership dues, locations, brands, and return policies. Read more about it here.
Costco has two types of memberships:
- Gold Star- $60
- Executive member- $120
With the executive membership, you’ll get 2% cash back on most purchases.
Costco also has a generous return policy. They’ll take back almost any product even if it has been opened or used. Here are some exceptions:
- electronics must be returned within 90 days
- appliances must be returned within 90 days
- cell phones must be returned within 90 days
- tires and batteries sold with a “product-specific limited warranty”
- custom made products
They have a risk-free, 100% satisfaction guarantee that allows customers to refund their membership at any time.
You could also save gas money by filling up at Costco. Prices could be between ten and forty cents cheaper per gallon.
Costco is also well known for saving shoppers at least 15% on different restaurants or movie tickets when you buy gift cards at their store.
Bacon recall due to lack of inspection
Sam’s Club also has two membership types:
- Club- $45
- Plus- $100
They offer 2% cash back on most purchases with the Plus membership, with a $500 annual cap.
Sam’s Club return policy is not quite as relaxed as Costco. Some of the restrictions are:
- cell phones/ connected devices must be returned within 14 days
- electronics must be returned with 90 days
- TV’s must be returned in 90 days
- Motorsport items- 30 days
- tickets cannot be returned
- prescriptions cannot be returned
- gift cards can’t be returned
IRS: I missed the tax deadline, what happens now?
BJ’s also has two membership types:
- Inner Circle- $55
- Perks Rewards- $110
BJ’s Perks Rewards members get 2% cash back on most purchases. They issue their cash back as electronic awards in increments of $20 and is valid for six months.
Their return policy says that customers can return any non-grocery merchandise up to one year after purchase. However, there are exceptions:
- televisions, home theater displays, laptops and tablets must be returned within 90 days
- computers, electronics and patio sets must be returned within 90 days
- major appliances must be returned within 30 days
- gift cards can’t be returned
- clearance apparel can’t be returned
- opened CD’s, DVD’s , or video games
- in store jewelry purchases
- items containing fuel, gas or oil
Costco and Sam’s Club both offer perks for military personnel and their families when they join. BJ’s will actually discount their membership.
They offer military personnel over 25% off the membership price and a $10 coupon.
Taco Bell has a $10 Cravings Meal for 2?
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]