Two guaranteed income program applications are opening soon.
The program is set to help Los Angeles residents.
IRS: Four reasons your tax return is delayed
What are the programs?
Los Angeles announced its Breathe program earlier this month. This is a universal basic income (UBI) pilot. There will also be a guaranteed income pilot program for single moms too. Read more about them here.
The Breathe program will provide 1,000 eligible residents with $1,000 per month for three years. Applications for this program open on March 31.
The guaranteed income pilot program for single moms will also provide assistance. 125 participants will get $500 a month and it is set to launch in May.
$500 in tax rebates for millions of Americans- Are you eligible?
What are the qualifications?
To qualify for the Breathe program:
- you must be 18 or older
- single person: have a household income that falls at or below 100% of LA County’s area median income (AMI)
- household with two or more people: household income that falls at or below 120% of the county’s AMI
- have been negatively financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- not currently enrolled in another guaranteed income project
The application must be completed between March 31 and April 13, 2022.
To be considered eligible for guaranteed income for single moms:
- must be a single mom with kids under 18
- be below the poverty line
- been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
Stimulus: One state may pay out $850 by June under new proposal
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]