Two guaranteed income program applications are opening soon.
The program is set to help Los Angeles residents.
What are the programs?
Los Angeles announced its Breathe program earlier this month. This is a universal basic income (UBI) pilot. There will also be a guaranteed income pilot program for single moms too. Read more about them here.
The Breathe program will provide 1,000 eligible residents with $1,000 per month for three years. Applications for this program open on March 31.
The guaranteed income pilot program for single moms will also provide assistance. 125 participants will get $500 a month and it is set to launch in May.
What are the qualifications?
To qualify for the Breathe program:
- you must be 18 or older
- single person: have a household income that falls at or below 100% of LA County’s area median income (AMI)
- household with two or more people: household income that falls at or below 120% of the county’s AMI
- have been negatively financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- not currently enrolled in another guaranteed income project
The application must be completed between March 31 and April 13, 2022.
To be considered eligible for guaranteed income for single moms:
- must be a single mom with kids under 18
- be below the poverty line
- been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].