Officials in the Seneca Falls Central School District say grant funding has made a Universal Pre-Kindergarten program possible.
“It is with great excitement that we share with all of you that the Seneca Falls school district finally received grant funding to support a Universal Pre-Kindergarten program for students of the Seneca Falls school district, who turn 4 on or before December 1, 2022. It was the hard work, energy and advocacy of many over the years that made this grant funding possible,” the district said in a message to the community.
The district is now attempting to reach parents who have children that may qualify.
More details of the universal pre-K program, as outlined in a letter to the community below:
The district is committed to providing a high quality Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program. Our UPK program is designed to provide an enriching and developmentally appropriate experience for four year old students. Below is important information about our program:
- Location and Time: Frank Knight School during normal school hours.
- Calendar: Follows the Frank Knight School calendar.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch will be provided at no cost to families.
- Program cost: There is no cost to participate.
- Transportation: Provided for children who are 4 years old at the start of the school year or after turning 4 years old.
Eligible children are defined as those who live in the boundaries of the Seneca Falls Central School District and will be 4 years old on or before December 1, 2022. If your child is eligible for kindergarten (four years old and turning 5 by December 1, 2022), they are not eligible to attend UPK.
Our program consists of a total of 36 slots for two UPK classrooms (18 in each classroom). If we receive more than 36 applications, we will use a lottery to draw for the 36 available slots. Students not drawn will be added to a waitlist. Please note that lottery results will not be shared over the phone. We will notify families by mail.
The following dates and deadlines are very important:
- February 11: Registration packets available (online, picked up at the District Office located at 2 Butler Ave., or by calling (315) 568-5818 to have a registration packet mailed to you.
- March 2 & March 3: If you need assistance completing the registration packet, support will be available at the district office by appointment only from 8:30-11:15 and 12:15-5:00 by calling Jackie Brown at (315) 568-5818.
- March 18: Packet deadline! All completed packets are due to the District Office. Packets received after March 18 will automatically be added to the end of the waitlist.
- March 31: Lottery Drawing (if more than 36 applications).
- April 4-8: Notification letters are mailed to students who receive a slot and those on the waitlist.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Clendenen at 315-568-5500 Ext. 3100.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].